mrsherbie
15 years ago
Not pre67 sorry, but needs posting, 2 superb Bays have been stolen from drive and road in the last 4 days, south London and Orpington ( inside M25) must be professional thieves as they are stealing quality vans. The 1st van is a very late Bay V reg, far less of these around.

Please feel free to copy and post on any other uk vw forums you use.

DONT LEAVE OLD VWS ON YOUR DRIVE OR IN ROAD PERMANENTLY, especially around London, keep moving them to different locations if you really have too or block them in on your drive overnight or if storing on drive, leave them up on axle stands and remove 2 wheels and store these away from van.
I hope these people get their vans back.

Van 1 :

Hi Owen
Just putting the word out that Dads van was stolen this morning !! if
you could send this mail on to any one in the VW scene that you know
we would appreciate you spreading the word to help get it back.It was
taken off his drive between the hours of 11pm and 6am this morning
(19th April) in Orpington, Kent.
Thanks Scott

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Van 2 :

Hi There,

Unfortunately I have to report that I had my van stolen 1 night ago. The van was stolen overnight on wednesday 15th-thursday 16th April from outside my flat in honor oak park south london. Chassis
Number: 2332109891, Engine Number: AS 182193.

I've included pics.

I really hate the people who took her from me. I just had my first trip of the year down to devon and it was awesome. A day later the van is stolen by some scumbags who don’t want to work hard and save money to pay for a van as I did.

Anyway I would appreciate it very much if you could keep your eyes peeled. I realise though that this is probably a professional job and I am unlikely to see the van again. If nothing else this is a reminder that there are some horrible people out there so keep your van safe and sound.

Cheers

Steve

UserPostedImage

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Look out on ebay soon for late Bay bits from a first time seller! :twisted: :roll:

A very good description of the thieves from the second guy!
William